Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

So my day started out with
breakfast in bed. . .
(Kale insisted he take my picture)


And my 3 favorite things
from my 3 favorite kids!

And my husband surprised me with
A LILAC BUSH!
I have wanted one since we moved into this house
and I finally got it.
It's planted right outside our dining room window.
I can't wait to watch it grow and blossom!


And who wouldn't want this for dinner?
Yum. Yum.


So I had a wonderful Mother's Day.

I will admit there have been some Mother's Days where I have wanted "a break" from my mom duties. I always have thought it a bit ironic that the day motherhood is celebrated we as mothers want nothing to do with being a mom.

But this Mother's Day was different for me.
I wanted to be surrounded by my kids.
We read books today.
We played a game today.
We took a family walk today.
We wrestled, and played and laughed today.
Today was a good day.

While I was in Utah last week I got to go see my mother.
It had been a long time since I was there last and I was surprised at the comfort I felt just being there.


Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

amanda said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. It is always nice to meet someone who "knows".
I didn't know your mother, I'm sure she was a wonderful mom. I adore your mother in law and I know my mom did too. They were great friends.

I loved what you said about wanting to be a mom on mother's day. This year I totally focused on being a mom to keep my mind off of not having one to celebrate. It ended up being a great mothers day.
Thank you again,
Amanda

Mamasita said...

milk duds or sugar babies? Happy mother's day!