Monday, May 4, 2009

Girls Getaway!

So I spent the weekend with some girls. . .

OK I mostly hung out with these girls. . .

We went to Women's Conference.

And what did we do there you ask?

 We ate.


And ate. . .

And ate. . .

And ate. . .


And did a little shopping. . .


And ate some more. . .


But the food I stuffed into my body
in nothing compared to 
how spiritually and emotionally stuffed I am
from all the talks, and presentations I attended this weekend.

Thanks girls for a great time!
And thanks to my amazing husband who spent 5 days with our 3 kids.
That includes getting three kids to church by himself.
(I hear he even figured out how to put tights on Kara)

When I climbed into bed last night after midnight,
he rolled over and after not seeing me for 5 days whispered,
"please never die!"

12 comments:

The Lencioni's said...

That looks like so much fun. Kyle cracks me up.

ali said...

that's so romantic! mission accomplished, i suppose.

Marie said...

So glad you had fun, so sad I missed out, so wonderful you are appreciated!

Kjerstin said...

What a great getaway! I bet it's nice to eat at places without playlands and kids meals. :)

And I'm still cracking up about the "please never die" quote.

kelly said...

I knew he had a soft heart way down inside somewhere :)

What a blast we had! It was incredibly uplifting, stess-free, and FILLING. I'm still full.

Cole said...

That looks like so much fun I need a Girls getaway. It was so fun to see you and to talk. If you guys come this summer let me know when so we can all get together our kids would have a lot of fun playing. I totally love Kyle's comment "Please never die”. That sounds like something my husband would say.

Maureen said...

What fun!!! Aren't sister in laws wonderful. Im an only girl with 4 brothers so I lucked out and got 4 amazing sister in laws too..so glad you got to get away and everyone survived without you, even if it was only barely..

Natierae said...

I have to say I am totally jealous that you went to Cafe Rio- So yummy. Glad you had fun!

Andy said...

Did you eat?

sheena jibson said...

I can't believe it's been a week!!

Why am I sleeping in every picture?

jodie333 said...

WOW!! Congrats to the hubby for that long! We are still working toward that! (PS I am so glad the internet is now up to par out in the boonies!! )

Melissa said...

What a great hubby!! It's great when they realize what we actually do in a day. We need breaks like that. How fun it was for you to spend that time with your girlfriends!! I LOVE Kyle's comment.