Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Half Way To 18. . . . I Can't Handle Thinking About It!


HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY KALE!

I mean when your kid comes out this BIG
(yes this was the DAY he was born)
you can't help but think he will grow up fast.

But 9 years - really?
Really?

Weren't we just celebrating him turning 2?

I look back and realize what a lucky mom I am.

If you would have told me that I would have 4 years between each one of my children I would have laughed in your face.
"No not me. Just get the chaos over with."

That's not how it happened for us.
I used to dwell on it a lot -  I would get frustrated, then angry, and then sad.

But I remember the day that Kristopher was born and I as every mother feels, felt a little sorry for Kale that he wouldn't be the "only one" anymore.
And all of a sudden I realized how lucky I was as a mom.
 I realized that I had had 4 whole years with Kale - just me and him
  (and his dad - when he wasn't at school).
4 years - not many moms can say they had that long to love on just one child.

And he had 4 years of his own love bottled up inside to give away too.

I am so lucky to be HIS mom!

He got 4 baseball tickets for his Birthday
so he took Grandpa, Dad, and Kristopher
OUT TO THE BALLGAME!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALE!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

18 comes fast let me tell ya, but you still 9 years more, full of fun and adventure. Happy Bday Kale!

Kjerstin said...

I remember getting your Christmas letter when you found out you were having a boy, and I was so excited that we were both having boys at the same time. That seems like it just happened. Now we have 9 year olds! What the. . .

Olive-us said...

Happiest birthday to Kale!
By the way, his detective party is the greatest idea ever! Will you please plan my next party?

Amanda said...

Wow, now that you put it that way, half way to eighteen has me really freaked out. It's really going by fast isn't it?
PS I'm glad you got to have four years with Kale. At the time i know it was hard but it's kind of nice now huh?

jodie333 said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!! I can't help but be sad that we arn't there this year! Last year was so much fun! I hope we can see you soon!!