Monday, June 2, 2008

My BOY and BASEBALL









On Saturday we had our team barbeque after our last regular season game.
Playoff's begin on Wednesday.
As I watched Kale receive his trophy I was so proud of  him and couldn't help but think back on this years season:
17 games (so far)
16 x ? (I lost count) Practices
15 x 100 - Loads of Laundry
14 x 1000 - E-mails sent
13 trophies ordered
12 teammates
11 KALES #
10 bottles of SPRAY and WASH to get white pants white again
9 (lives) each time Kale played catcher I thought he was going to get hit and die
8 Kale had baseball practice on his 8th Birthday
7 times Kale "misplaced" his hat
6 slides into home plate
5 cases of Gatorade
4 ice packs later
3 yards of felt to make the team banner
2 strikeouts all season long!!!!
1 TIRED TEAM MOM

6 comments:

Mamasita said...

I'm so glad for you that it is over! I hope the team got you something good! Really cute post..Kale looks so old!! :(

ali said...

phew...i'm exhausted just reading about this. My husband can't wait for these baseball days with our kids. I however, not being much of a sports fan, can wait. I just hope when the time comes I can get into the spirit of it all.

great, great photos, by the way!

kelly said...

wow, you are a busy one! glad to see that baseball is giving you a little break now. kale is such a big guy now! how fast are they growing up? i don't really like it!
we need to get these cousins together.

Kjerstin said...

He looks like he loves it! Our entire month of June consists of baseball and t-ball, so I feel your pain. Way to go, team mom! :)

sheena said...

I love this!!

kale is such a little man...what happend?

Olive-us said...

That is a really cute post! I love the "9 lives" comment. I'm glad you now have a break. Actually, do you even know what a break is?