Monday, June 30, 2008

Questions About Mom. . .

So I saw this on Kelly's blog and thought it was so cute I decided to have a little fun with my boys - this is what we came up with:

KALE's answers will be in blue
KRIS's answers will be in green

1.  What is something mom always says to you?

Change your attitude
You tell me what to do

2.  What makes mom happy?

When I put things away
When I make the choices you want

3.  What makes mom sad?

I don't know  (with a grin that says he does know he just doesn't want to say it out loud)
When I don't get the privileges I want (No that makes you sad)

4.  How does mom make you laugh?

When you chase me up the stairs
When you say funny things

5.  What was mom like as a child?

You were bossy to Kasey (my little brother told stories while he visited last summer)
I wasn't born in our family

6.  How old is your mom?

31
7 - is that right? (I wish I was 7 again)

7.  How tall is your mom?

3 inches (apparently they haven't covered measurements in 2nd grade)
This tall (with his arms stretched up as far as he could reach)

8.  What is her favorite thing to do?

Feed the baby (Just because it's all I do does not mean it's my favorite thing to do)
Make families (Kyle agreed with this one!!!!)

9.  What does your mom do when you're not around?

Clean the house (always)
Cleaning (again - always)

10.  If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

For being smarter than she thinks (if he only knew)
Because you love dad (puzzled at first - then after I thought about it maybe he is smarter than I give him credit for)

11.  What is your mom really good at?

Writing in cursive (nice to know he thinks messy is cursive)
Singing at church

12.  What is your mom not very good at?

Driving (he's still alive so I can't be that bad)
Real Baseball

13.  What does your mom do for her job?

You don't have one (Well according to both my kids all I ever do is clean - maybe that's my job)
Vacuum (see my point)

14.  What is your mom's favorite food?

Apples  (Nope - Mashed Potatoes) 
Apples  (Wow)

15.  What makes you proud of your mom?

You help me with the stuff I need help on
You make me proud because I want the things I want (yes I know you want what you want Kristopher)

16.  If your mom were a cartoon character who would she be?

Daphne (from Scooby Doo - I would just like everyone to know I have never worn a skirt that short in my life)
Curious George (I think he misunderstood the question - or did he?)

17.  What do you and your mom do together?

Argue (how true - I think they put something in the baptism water)
I'm not gonna tell (and he didn't no matter how hard I pressed him for an answer)

18.  How are you and your mom the same?

We both have blonde hair
We talk 

19.  How are you and your mom different?

I don't clean and you do
You don't say bad words

20.  How do you know your mom loves you?

Because we are family
Because you give me hugs - can I have my popsicle now? 

YES - I had to bribe my boys with popsicles to sit down with me for 10 minutes and answer these questions. 

I just want to know why I don't have a sparkling clean house and a great body because according to my kids all I do is clean and eat apples!!!!

6 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

What a cute thing to do. I can totally see them answering these questions. My favorite was Kris says bad words and you don't.

Natierae said...

I love Kris' bad word answer- how true it is. What a cute idea- perhaps I will steal it from you

Ryan Southwell said...

this is a keeper! Oh my! those answers are so funny, so is your commentary. I love the bad words answer too. I'm glad you did this. I need to do it with my boys and maybe post a "part II".
I'm sure they loved their popsicles.

~ Kelly - not Ryan

ali said...

if only jack could talk. I'd be scared to know.

cute answers!

sheena said...

i'm laughing so hard!! Kristopher is killing me!

Olive-us said...

I love this post!! So cute what comes out of our little one's mouths.... usually.