Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kale makes me laugh. . .

This calendar sits in my kitchen and it is open 100% of the time. It is how I keep track mostly of bills. All bills were paid at the beginning of the month this month and I haven't looked at my calendar in a few days. I looked at it this morning. Now that you know what bills I have and what day they are due on PLEASE check out the 20th!


(just in case we weren't going to remember the
INOGORATION)

I smiled and laughed to myself. . .
and then I remembered this:

At the time this happened I wanted to blog about it but could never find the right way to go about it - for some reason today I find it strangely appropriate.

When Kale does his required reading for the day he loves to snuggle on my bed and read - it must be the million pillows.
One particular day he was done reading and he yelled at me from the bedroom
"I don't have a bookmark"
I yelled back, "just find a piece of paper or something to use"

When I walked into the bedroom that night to go to bed - his book was sitting on my bed and sure enough there was a bookmark in it.

Look close.
Can you tell what it is?
Well, he must have gotten into the nightstand by our bed and grabbed the first thing he found.


How Embarrassing. . .
but once again
  I smiled and laughed to myself.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow! That's a funny bookmark..he'll laugh at that someday?

It was fun to catch up this week!

Natierae said...

Awesome. Need I say more....

Chelsea said...

You're life is hilarious! Remember that story for when he is old enough to be completely humiliated by it.

kelly said...

I remember you telling me the story, but to see it is even better! ha! ha!

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

Your kids make me laugh out loud.

The Lencioni's said...

Okay they both made me laugh but the bookmark is hilarious. Keep that picture someday it may be worth something to him.

Maureen said...

at least he only used it for a bookmark, I had a friend who poked all her parents with a needle, she swears thats how she got her brother! How funny!

ali said...

i'm speechless. love it!

Cole said...

That is so funny!!! I would love to have our kids play sometime!! When you’re in Utah let me know!!! I wish we lived closer so our kids could grow up together like we did. I'm glad we have the blog world so we can stay in touch.

Kjerstin said...

How did I miss this post? Thanks for the giggle! :)

Andy said...

Oh dear....that is awesome!!!