Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My guy is sick.

Really sick.

Like I've never seen him this sick.

So sick he has already taken 3 sick days.

He doesn't take sick days.

Even when I beg.

He hasn't taken a sick day since he became a DA over 3 years ago.

He went to the doctor today.

He couldn't drive himself (I had to leave a very fun little lunch date to rescue him).

He's so sick he got a doctors note (I kid you not like back in the 3rd grade) telling him he cannot go back to work.

He has lost 11 pounds since Sunday (lucky!)

He's been dealing with all this:

Fever (at least 3 of them that leave my sheets soaking wet when they have broken)
Rash (all over his poor belly)
Chills (followed by sweats)
Sore throat (the doctor used the words "looks like raw meat")
Body Aches (he was moaning, yes moaning he hurt so bad)
Throwing up (out both sides if ya know what I mean)

Having a sick "man" is much different than having a sick child.

What do you do?

I'm trying to take care of him. I feel a little helpless. 

Any suggestions?

The one thing I do know is when he gets better I'm going to the doctor for one of those "get out of life" notes!  I need one right about NOW!

8 comments:

The Rocks said...

I hope your man gets better soon! What is it that he's got? And yes, you will DEFINITELY deserve a "get out of life" note after this! Men are no fun to take care of when they are sick--in fact, I think they are worse than the little ones! Good luck!

jodie333 said...

That sounds like Trevor. He got sick like that last year and I know how you feel, not knowing what to do. I hope that he gets better. Hang in there! You should get your dr to write me one of those notes and we'll play hookie together!

Maureen said...

Oh Im feeling so sad for both of you, He sounds like he's barely hanging on, You know their on deaths door when they stay home from work, J wants me to hang out with him all day when he's sick, I feel like they turn into little boys again. It makes me secretly giggle, Hang in there, Just drug him up!

Kaylynn said...

I've had a wonderful nurse this week. Wouldn't have survived without her. I owe her big time!!!

I love you.

Me

sheena said...

oh I am so sorry...for YOU. that is so hard.

and sorry for kyle too....yuck. but kyle, you should really write a weight loss book...you could make millions!

Mamasita said...

Kyle, poor guy but hey 11 lbs, there is always a silver lining!

Kaylynn, just smile even if you don't want too.

Amanda said...

Sounds to me like he is faking it. Just kidding. I hope he gets better soon and that you don't get sick too. Did you see that "Man Cold" video that I posted on FB. It's pretty funny.

kelly said...

WOW! Mom said he was at home throwing up, but I had NO idea it was soooo bad! I hope by now he's feeling better. (I hope you are feeling better too!) It's so much work to take care of them and the kids!!! Good work.

(Now I know where my 11 pounds came from, he passed it right to me!)