Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day Trip

to
GOLDEN GATE PARK

This summer has been full of day trips, but this might be my most ambitious so far!

But so worth it to escape the summer heat and head down to San Francisco to spend a day in this!

And we brought a few friends. . .

And though there were a few moments where we got them all to stand still. . .

most of the day looked like this!

Thank goodness for strollers!

We loved watching the DUCKS and TURTLES!



We found secret passages through the bushes.

We found this tree that we became fascinated with!




We went on a "little" hike to find some waterfalls!
How little can any hike be when you have 12 children under the age of 10?

But we reached the top and the view was worth it!

If you look close in the background you can see the city!

The kids loved that we found the waterfalls!




Next, we decided to take a paddleboat ride.
In "we" I mean I was bullied into by my children.
I only agreed so that I could hold it against them when at a later date they try to tell me that I am not a fun mom!

Doesn't it look like tons of fun?
From a distance maybe!


But then you get closer and realize that child #1 found out that it's kinda hard to paddle a paddle boat. Child #2 thinks he could do better and is not happy he has to sit in the back, and Child #3, well, she's child #3!

But then we headed HERE!


And the kids got to run, and play, and run some more and play some more!

Though the pictures don't do it justice, I fell in love with these red flowers!


And if that wasn't enough for one day, we ventured out again to find the biggest, baddest, playground in San Francisco!
And we finally found it and it didn't disappoint!
(In fact, if we had to do said day trip over we would go here first!)

They had a spider climb!



Cement Slides built into the side of the hill!


Even a beach playground!

We ended the "day trip" by taking all the kids into the heart of the city and found a little pizzaria! I have to admit I expected a melt down at this point. I was all geared up for it, but it never came! I was in shock that 4 moms took 12 kids to a sit down restaurant and not one child had a meltdown. I mean I got to eat pizza! Was not expecting that!

And as a bonus, my kids were tired the entire next day and wanted to do nothing but hang out at home. . .
It was like a vacation from a vacation!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Wow! You were very adventurous. Looks like you had a blast.