Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Camping

3 Families
6 Adults
11 kids
2 dogs

1 FUN WEEKEND IN THE WOODS!

Kara was in heaven with the dogs.
On this particular occasion I had told Kara that the dog was going to take a nap in the shade.
She proceeded to take a chair over to the dog and sing him songs so that he could take a nap.

The songs varied from
"Jesus wants me for a sunbeam"
to
"I always feel like somebody's watching me"


As if she wasn't dirty enough already, lets just add a little water. . .

Hence, the need for one of these each night!
(maybe Kris should have been next - only a kid as cute as him could still be cute while wearing that much dirt)

We spent a lot of time at the LAKE!

Where we saw a new level of "white trash"!
A full on Air Mattress . . .
Maybe they didn't read the gigantic letters on the side of the mattress that read,
"NOT TO BE USED AS A FLOTATION DEVICE!"

We played in the sand. . .

We had some treats. . .

We passed off a few cub scout requirements. . .

And had fun on the slide. . .

The first day Kris decided he needed a life jacket to swim out to the floating dock.


But by the second day he realized he really could swim and didn't need that life jacket!

Even I tried the slide!

If the boys weren't sliding down the slide they were fighting each other and pushing each other off the dock!

And what would a camping trip be without some cliff diving?
GO KALE!



But the highlight of the trip was Kyle screaming and jumping up and down when one night this gigantic moth landed on his back while the "parents" were all around the campfire.

Last year we had bears and I don't think they scared us as bad as this thing did!

CAMPING MEMORIES!
Can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

Kjerstin said...

Ever since my brother FORCED me to watch "silence of the lambs" in high school I'm TERRIFIED of moths. I would have passed out at that thing. Are you sure it's not a bird or some small bat? Crazy!