Monday, July 5, 2010

FOURTH OF JULY


We dressed in our patriotic best for church yesterday in honor of the 4th of July! I was quite impressed all this was already in our closets!
I even "borrowed" Kara's red bow for my hair and boy did she let me know it. . .
We get in the car to go to church and she says,
"Hey! That's my bow!"

Someday I'm going to take a picture of him where he's not trying so hard to look natural!


I took a picture of him to show off his "smile" these days!
I don't know what's worse. . . missing teeth or crooked teeth. . . but he's got them both!

Again, this is the best I could do with Kara. . .
I'll take it!

Grandma and Grandpa Jibson hosted a very patriotic dinner and my jello added to the color scheme!

We ended the night with a family game of Croquet!
(There's no need to mention who won - even if it was me!)


On SATURDAY night we attended a 4th of July Party and boy did we party!

WE SWAM!
Some of us dived like Kale!

Some of us were thrown in the pool like Kristopher!

And some of us floated like Karalyn!


Bring on the fireworks!




We missed our parade tradition this year. . . I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad about missing it this year, but we made up for it by celebrating all weekend long!

My favorite part about the entire holiday this year was when we stood up and sang all 3 verses to the STAR SPANGLED BANNER in Sacrament Meeting!

It was the perfect way to celebrate our FREEDOM!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

you have such a cute family...

Mills Family said...

Loved the muscle shirts for the boys. Looked like you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Loved your bow...I mean Kara's bow. I need the recipe to your patriotic jello!