Sunday, August 10, 2008

Out of their MOUTHS. . .

SCENE ONE:

We are busy packing the car for our Donner Lake Camping Trip.
Kelly has come over to get one of our camp boxes - I ask her to take the cheese that I have and put in the coolers that they are packing at Grandma and Grandpas - so I ask Kale - 

MOM:

"Kale, come here I need you to do something for me."
(Kale running around the front yard with a star wars gun shooting at pretend who knows what)
"Kale, look at me so I don't have to ask you twice. In the fridge, on the door, is a packet of yellow cheese. . . Kale you're not looking at me - you are going to come back and ask me what I said so listen please . . . In the fridge, on the door, is a a packet of yellow cheese - please go bring it to me."

KALE:

"So is it in the fridge?"

SCENE TWO:

I am cutting up zucchini to make for dinner. Kristopher says he wants to help. As much as I want to say no because I just want to get it done - I tell him to pull the stool up and get a knife. As he is cutting up the zucchini I tell him he is doing a great job. . .

MOM:

"Kris who knew you were so good at this?"

KRIS:

"Heavenly Father."

4 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

Kris is one of my favorite kids to watch ever! Saturday I was watching him do Star Wars moves with the most serious look on his face. He cracks me up.

Ryan Southwell said...

I think that kid has a long future of surprises. He is very entertaining.

kelly said...

these are classic! I love those boys!

Kjerstin said...

So is it in the fridge. . .classic! I often wonder if I make sound when I speak. Glad to know it's not just me! :) I think our boys would get along really well!