Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SCHOOL STARTED!!!

After WEEKS of watching everyone else start school. . .
IT WAS OUR TURN!

Kale is starting 3rd grade at Vencil Brown Elementary.
I'm sure you can see the nervous look on his face . . .
He wouldn't let on but all week I could tell he was nervous
HECK I was nervous - it's a new school!
Teachers I know nothing about, new school policies to learn, school starts and ends at a different time (I hope I remember to pick him up at the right time) . . .
But Kale said it perfectly as we walked to school this morning,
"I don't even know where the bathrooms are."

I didn't cry when he went to Kindergarten.
First Grade was a little harder for me, but still no tears.
Second Grade was a piece of cake.
But Third Grade brought tears to my eyes as I watched him so nervously (but trying to be so brave) walk into that classroom and find his desk!!!!
I'M DYING TO GO PICK HIM UP - IS IT 3:00 YET?

Kris started Pre-School
at PRE-FUN PRESCHOOL
with Ms. Danai.

He loved it!

So last night we had our annual
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT DINNER.
Up until this year Kale has gotten to choose anything he wanted me to make for dinner because he was the only one going back to school - 
This year proved to be a little more difficult because they both got to choose - 
which meant they both had to agree.
Somehow I got off easy - 
No slaving in the kitchen for me - 
They wanted HAMBURGERS!

After dinner Kyle
gave each of the boys a "father's blessing"
for Family Night.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Kaylnn, I started to cry today too as Bella got on the bus and sat in a seat all by herself-- her little hand waving to me from the window. She's trying to break away from a mean friend and I could totally relate. It broke my heart. Third grade's going to be tough for these kids. More math, more homework, more peer pressure. Aaggh. How can we make them stay little?

P.S. Bella always wonders who's older, her or Kale. What time was he born on the 28th?

The Lencioni's said...

How cute they are. They both look nervous. Kale is going to do great. He is such a great kid. You think third grade is hard, try fourth. New playground, new rules, no more "primary grade." That one was hard, for me at least.

Kaylynn said...

Amanda - Kale was born at 5:03 pm. WHO IS OLDER - see it takes a girl to think about those things. Now that I'm curious let me know what time she was born - and did she just come that day or were you induced - wasn't it a hard labor for you? I should know this - I'm sorry.

And Robyn - I bet 4th grade is hard - that was the year that I was thinking was going to be hard - see if Kale was still at Woodbridge he would be top of the school and I probably wouldn't have had such a hard time - it was just this whole new school thing. It's hard! **Call me I need to talk to you!!!! Wow the explanation marks make it seem important - it's not really.

Amanda said...

Bella, was born at 12:10 am so I kind of figured she was older. Labor was easy compared to the pregnancy I had. My water broke on its own around 4 pm. I went to the hospital, got my epidural, and boom she was born. What about you?

Kaylynn said...

My pregnancy was fine - I had gall bladder issues toward the end but my labor was hard. I was induced at 8:00 that morning and labor actually progressed pretty quickly - I was pushing by 1:00 but I pushed until 5:00 pm. I was borderline C-section - in fact my midwife told me if he wasn't born by 5:00 we would do a c-section and he was born at 5:03 with one last push. He was posterier and weighed 9 lbs 4 oz and I have never been the same. Let's just say even after I had him I was stitched up for two more hours. It was that bad. Sorry everyone who isn't Amanda who didn't want to know all that!

Kjerstin said...

Dylan and Kale have the same shirt! :) Knowing where the bathrooms are is VERY important (in fact, I've helped several terrified looking kids find the bathroom in the past week!). It's so hard to let go, especially if they're nervous. Good luck!

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

What Kale so nervous because he wasn't going to be praised as much anymore because he speaks "english" so well because someone in the household speaks spanish? Looks like someone is going to have to work a little bit harder to be the teachers pet.

And for Kris, it's in the bag.

sheena said...

why are they so big?? I'm so stressed out that they are growing so fast!!!

kelly said...

What grown-up boys! Kale looks so old in this picture, and sooo much more like Kyle. I hope he found the bathroom ok. :)
can't wait for Tuesday!