Thursday, September 18, 2008

JUST HAPPENED. . .

My project for the day has been our
extra bedroom/guest room/computer room/catch all room!

So since we have been awake I have been cooped up in the room working away.

Thank goodness for PBS kids in the morning and for Kara's morning nap.

But now Kara is awake and Kris is bored . . .
So I set up a new noise making toy in Kara's room (across the hall  from where I am working) and put Kristopher in charge.
Well that didn't last long and Kris was downstairs after about 10 minutes.
So I took Kara from her room and brought her in with me.
A few minutes later from Kara's room I hear Kris 
"uh, Kara where are you"
I decided to play along. . .
I walked into her room and looked at Kris and in that mom means business voice I say,
"Where is your Sister?"
He is speechless.
"Kris where is your sister?"
Now Kris is really kinda upset and I wonder if I should have even played this little game???
"I don't know"
Then he gets down on both knees.
"What are you doing?"
"I have to say a prayer so I can find her."

And now I'm the one who is speechless . . .
I give him a big hug. Pick him up and walk him to the next room where his sister is playfully rolling around on the cluttered floor.

I LOVE BEING A MOM!

6 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

you are so mean... and HILARIOUS. good story

Amanda said...

So scary when you they're there one minute and gone the next. So sweet of Kris to want to say a prayer. Children are so delightful.

Olive-us said...

That is so funny and horrible ay the same time!!!!
Oh, how I have missed my dear, funny as heck Kaylynn!! I love all of your past posts and look forward to more! By the way, I think all four of us are coming up your way the weekend before Halloween. Let's get together!!

Olive-us said...

How many more times can I use the word "way"?
Sorry, I'm way excited.

kelly said...

this is great! isn't it funny how they can humble us so quickly?

Mamasita said...

How sweet. You are evil...but I like it!
at least he didn't just shrug his shoulders and walk away.