Friday, September 12, 2008

We Did More Than Just Dress Up . . .

Here's our family on the beach - 
this pictures actually looks like we are enjoying a nice family moment  -
 but in reality I am pleading with my children to just take one more picture . . .
So far this is the best we got - at least we're all in it!

Where to begin with all the fun we had this week?

While the guys enjoyed doing this. . .
Here's all the fun we girls had!

Walks on the Beach
Shopping at all the Thrift Stores
MOVIES - Who hasn't seen Mama Mia?
Go see it - (just close your eyes when Pierce sings!)

And I think maybe the highlight of the week -
Watching a wedding sitting in a hot tub in my bathing suit!
Yes the neighbor next door had a wedding on their deck
and we just had to watch!
So where were the kids while their parents were having this much fun?
Well . . .
What could be better than waking up each morning at the beach?


Or looking for dolphins through the 11 matching pairs of binoculars that Nana and Papa brought?
Or discovering the sand for the first time?

Or running down the beach with mom?
(I know - not the most flattering picture but I remember Kara laughing so hard as the waves would come in - so I can look past the picture and remember the memory - hopefully you can look past the picture as well)

Or pushing your brother into the ocean?

Or watching the sun set with your dad?

BUT there was ALOT of this going on!




Don't worry Kris - Boogie Boarding can be hard - you don't have to master it at 4 years old.


There - you go stick to making drip castles.

Or giant holes in the sand with Cole.


But don't eat the sand like your sister - please!

Kale and I spent a lot of time doing homework at the beach house.
How can you even consider it work when you have this as your classroom?


There you have it!
OUR BEACH HOUSE VACATION!

See you next year Jibson's!


6 comments:

Amanda said...

Kaylynn...where do I begin? First off I love the picture of Kris looking at the surfboard. The look on his face. And I love the pics of the kids in their pjs looking at the water and all the pics of you with your sisters in laws. And the one of Kara on the beach is adorable too. Can I just say that I think you are so lucky to have such amazing in laws! Where's this beach house at and how long have you guys been doing this?

Kjerstin said...

That looks like pure heaven! Can I come next time? :) I'll hide in the trunk of something!

Kaylynn said...

The Beach house is in Ventura - it is wonderful - this is our 5th year going! And that picture you love - I have to give credit to my sister in law Sheena - she took the picture! She did capture him perfectly. We have a good time!

Mamasita said...

kaylynn those are great pics!
sorry I haven't sent you your family pictures!! There are a couple of you and Kara that are to die for! I will be back in town on Monday and will forsure email them to you!!

kelly said...

I love seeing these! Every picture we see, just makes us think "can we go back now?"
great memories, esp. the wedding in the back yard. Hee hee. we were so silly to sit there and watch, but it was fun!

jodie333 said...

Kara is getting so big!! Kris is still as cute as ever, and Kale he is very lucky to have a class room like that! I dont think that anything would be work out there! The pics were so amazing, they made me feel like I was there!! I wish that we all had a yearly tradition. I think that is so great that you guys do that every year!! Looked like you all had a great time!!!