Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WEEKEND RECAP

FRIDAY was going to be a GREAT day. . .
(can you hear the fun music playing in the background)
My husband had the day off - A whole day with nothing particularly planned
(except me running all my errands without my children - could there be a better day?)
It was a GREAT day until 10:00 am when my husband got the phone call that he had a trial going out on Monday . . . so exit the plans of running errands without the children and enter husband going into work all day long. 

ENTER TARGET
(my friend Jen had called me and told me I had to get to Target. All their backpacks and bags were on major clearance (like $3.00 clearance). 
I packed all three kids in the car and made the 30 second drive to Target.

So I head to the school supply section where there are backpacks on clearance - but not a "whole wall" like Jen had said.

I found the SLING backpack that Kale wanted (for next year of course) but have to admit I was a little disappointed that we had made the 30 second drive for only 1  backpack.
So when we get home I call Jen. . .

"So I only found one backpack"
"What? Was it that picked over?"
"Well not all of them were on sale - only half that aisle"
"Kaylynn, were you in the clearance section at the back corner of the store?"
"What? No I was in the school supply section."
"Kaylynn, the whole back wall of the store is on clearance"

"KIDS get your shoes back on!"
And off we went. . .
Here's what we came home with - and my bill $19.70 (something cents)!!!!!


The good bargain was helping me get over how unexcited my kids were to go to Target twice in 5 minutes!!!!


We made it up to them on SATURDAY NIGHT!
We had movie night - but not in the family room. . .
AT THE PARK!

We watched HAPPY FEET sitting together on a blanket under the stars eating popcorn!




I think the best time was walking home in the dark. The kids had their headlamps on and here was this family taking a walk at about 10:00 at night. I bet we were hilarious. 

So I guess the weekend wasn't a total loss. . .
(By the way  - Monday morning the trial my husband spent his entire day off prepping for PLEAD)

8 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

I want that pink duffel. Wish I lived 30 seconds from a target. It will cost me more in gas to get down the mountain than the savings on the awesome bag.

Amanda said...

I live 30 seconds from a Lowe's but I wish it was a Target. My Target is 15-30 away depending on traffic. I caught that same clearance sale last week. I loved paying .24 for most of the things I bought.

What a fun movie night. Our weather is getting too cold for those now.

Maureen said...

I love Target clearence! when they clearence stuff out they really slash there prices..Im going right now! Lindsey I'll look for that cute pink duffel..Thanks for the heads up Kaylynn..

Kjerstin said...

Gotta love Target! Dustin LOVES it when he sits in court all day and then it gets continued or pled down. It's his favorite! :) I wish we had a park that did outside movies. Oh yeah, I forgot. I live in Idaho where it is either snowing or the wind is blowing. Or both! :)

reba said...

Kaylynn!
Oh my heck how have you been?
You're family is darling and I'm so glad that now we can keep up!
I'm adding you to my blog so stay in touch. Closer to Christmas, let's exchange addresses for cards?

Melissa said...

great deals at Target! our Target is in Yuba City. Takes too much effort to get there. Especially with 4 kids! I shop at Walmart now. It's down the street. I miss having movie at the park. I always took the kids when we were in Roseville. how fun!

Marie said...

First of all I can't believe you live five seconds from Target...and aren't completely broke because it would take a lot of self control to not be there every five minutes if I was in your houses.

Secondly, I know what you mean about a last minute call to work for the husband. Saturday night I had to call a babysitter last minute so I could go to the broadcast because Will got called to work and he's still gone!!!!

Lastly, amen to the clean house when no one comes by. I've given up on that idea and am living in clutter....OK not really, but it's frustrating when the only time my neighbor stops by is when the toys are everywhere, dishes are piled high and the floor is filthy.

Just keepin' it real.

Did Kyle set up the movie in the park or was that a community thing?

Kaylynn said...

Marie - do you know Kyle? Would he ever be the instigator of a major event like that? It was a city thing - they do it a few weekends a year - It's sponsered by PG&E - it's powered by clean energy. It's fun. But no - it was not my husbands idea - he just went along with it.