Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yo -Ho-Ho-A-PIRATING-We-Go!!!

So normally I like to start at the beginning. . .
But in this case it is way too fun to start at the END
of the vacation!

HERE WE ARE!
Each year at the beachouse we have THEME NIGHT - 
This year we were PIRATES!
I think we had more fun than the kids
  (although they did get pirate swords from Grandma  - That absolutely kept them entertained, busy, and bruised)
DISCLAIMER - Our family outings always involve JUMPING somehow!

OTHER FUN ACTIVITIES OF THE NIGHT:

CANNON FIGHT  (water balloon fight) from Ship to Ship!


THE PIRATE FEAST
(Including our Pirate Boats)

And I wish I had PICTURES  - THE PIRATE PINATA!!!!
(I love pinatas but when they are in the shape of a person it just seems a little off when I'm yelling at my kids to WHACK IT - You had to be there!)

So every year I pride myself on getting the perfect family picture of us all dressed up!
This year it just didn't happen - oh we tried but none of them are blog worthy - they really are that bad! So here is our family  - just not all together!




There you have it the end of the vacation! 
I'll get to the rest of the vacation when Kara takes her second nap today!

8 comments:

sheena said...

in never get tired of looking at these!

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

Who had the big pirate flag?

ps. I don't know many situations where the term "whack it" is appropriate.

kelly said...

I love seeing everyone's different pictures of the same events. the jumping pic is the BEST!

Amanda said...

Wow. Theme night. Great idea. The costumes and props are amazing. Super pictures even if you didn't get a family one. I know how that goes. The memories you're making for your kids are priceless. Who's going to forget a family vacation with pirates and pinatas? I wouldn't.
So when do you start preparing and planning for next year and who decides on the theme?

Kaylynn said...

The planning for next year has already begun. We decide on a new theme before we leave - so next year will be SUPERHERO night!!! Any great ideas from anyone out there would be appreciated!

Kjerstin said...

Who are you people? Most family get togethers involve sitting around and looking at each other. Or, if we're really adventurous, a rousing game of t-ball. Sheesh. You have got to be the funnest family EVER!! :)

The Lencioni's said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Amanda said...

Superhero night is brilliant. You can have an obstacle course for one activity. I can't think of any other ideas right now cause I have a bad headache.