Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day

Kristopher started Kindergarten today.

And he didn't even need me.

In fact he was dressed for afternoon kindergarten at 6:12 am this morning!
He just wanted to be dropped off when Kale went to school so he could just "wait for the afternoon".

As I watched him walk into the classroom I wasn't sad.
I was excited because he was excited!
I took Kara's hand and we started back for the car when I heard,
"MOM".
I turned around and Kris has his head out the door and yells,
"DON'T FORGET TO PICK ME UP AFTER SCHOOL!"
I waved and before I could even say, "I love you" he was back inside the classroom.

We took pictures after school today rather than before school.
You see while one of my children couldn't wait to start school
my oldest child was pacing around the house this morning with a stomach ache.
He gets so nervous.
Once we pulled up he saw friends and was fine.
I watched from a distance as my 4th grader walked with his class into the classroom.

Here's the after the first day photo shoot!





And after having to wake my daughter up from a nap to come and pick the boys up from school, they decided they wanted to walk home together and I let them.


Kale came right home and did his homework before he headed into the playroom for some X-box stress relief.

Kris told me he made a new friend. I asked who, and he said "I don't know his name but he has a green shirt and he's my new best friend!"

I love Kindergarten!

I think the first day was a success. . .
Now if tomorrow can just go as smoothly!

3 comments:

donna said...

Sounds like a great first day. It's funny how some kids are really ready to leave and others cling on hoping never to have to leave.

Maureen said...

I miss kindergarten, The only one I can remember having to pull off my leg was Cassie..even shy Lex did better..funny how different they are..what a great post..glad they both had fun..love the walking home from school, I bet they felt so grown up!

DebLawson said...

I remember going to this little boy's baby shower, and now he's in kindergarten (remember my shower for Lindsay and you were burping her and she spit up all over you!?) !!! Yes, time flys like crazy.

Glad your boys are happily back in school! Hope they have a great school year.

I loved your post about your grandfather, what a special man he was. I am sorry he passed away, but like you said, he and his daughter had the reunion of a lifetime! (the beginning of an eternal reunion!) Bet it was wonderful spending time with so much family.

Take care.