Sunday, August 9, 2009

It was another HOT day in August. . .

Ummm, wait a minute no it wasn't.
We woke up to overcast skies.
In August?
My air conditioner didn't kick on the entire day.
In August?
I wore a little sweater to the park.
In August?
Wait - we went to the park in the middle of the day in August?
In August?

Yes we did and it turned out to be a little windier than I had anticipated.
After attempting to eat a picnic lunch and after chasing about 10 baggies out to the baseball field we gave up on that idea and decided to play!




Even Kale's hair couldn't escape the wind!


And Kristopher mastered the monkey bars!


And then the WIND blew him off!


And I know I've talked about this before.
About how my son weighs nothing.
About how my son is in like the 14th percentile.
Just in case you don't believe me I think the wind is blowing him off the slide too!


A fun day was had by us all.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Loving, Loving, this August weather except camping it was too cold if that's possible in Aug.

Kjerstin said...

Wait a minute, were you in Idaho? :) Wind (the kind that can blow you off a slide) is pretty much the norm around here! It's nice to be able to enjoy the park without worrying about getting third degree burns from the playground equipment. Looks like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for all of you. Miss you all. Nana and Papa go to Dr. tomorrow (Tues). We will know more about Papa's knee tomorrow afternoon. Keep on having summer FUN! xoxxo G'ma "J"