Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . .


So I'm pretty sure the Idaho weather followed us home
because it has been cold, cold, cold, here this week.

But we braved the cold
(look we do own winter coats)
and headed to the City Tree Lighting Ceremony.

Kara didn't mind being all bundled up. . .


and from this picture it doesn't look like the boys minded the cold.
(maybe it's just me that doesn't like the cold)

(I love the guy in the background checking his watch -
 the mayor went on and on and on thanking everyone she knew before they would light the tree -
 I think there was a chant going on towards the end - light the tree, light the tree!)


Then we came home and had our own tree lighting ceremony. . .
TA DA!

and our village. . .
TA DA!

and remember my favorite hutch that I love to decorate for every holiday . . .
TA DA!


So after I got all done decorating this year
I counted all our Santa's.

We have 37 Santa's in our house this year!

But so we don't forget the real reason for this season
we also have 4 Nativity Scenes up too!
(Here's my favorite this year)

So that's:
1 Christmas tree
1 Christmas village
37 Santa's
5 Christmas stockings
4 Nativity Scenes
and 1 little elf 
who hides in a different spot each day and watches over the kids to make sure they are being nice not naughty

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Your home looks so festive. Thanks for sharing those great pictures. I love your tree especially and your favorite nativity scene.

Natierae said...

So pretty- your house looks great!!! Brave souls thats awesome that you guys went to the tree lighting ceremony- its sooooo flippin cold out there!!!

The Rocks said...

How exciting that you're all decorated! I can't get excited about decorating this year for some reason. I finally found a spot for the tree and my mom has been bugging me to get it up. I guess we'll do it for FHE tonight so it gets done before Sean gets home! And I love all of your nativity sets. Those are my favorites!

The Lencioni's said...

That is cool. I love your nativity. I can't wait until I have room to have more nativities and put up my village every year.

Maureen said...

I love that you have 37 Santa's because I have about that many. That and snowmen are my favorite. Your house looks so beautiful! I love the nativity too, Ive had my eye on that one for a long time! BURRR its cold out there!

Mamasita said...

Gorgeous! I wouldn't expect any less!!

kelly said...

it looks great over there!

Gwen Mangelson said...

Ok we have over 200 Santas most are handmade that I have collected over the years and 7 Nativities with the newest one being the largest from Sam's Club - its on the dining table
every room in the house is full of decorations- wish you could see it. and Dad has some lights up outside! we still have the where to plug them in problem- we hope to fix that this coming summer- its a big expense- argh!

love the Santastic photos!
Sending your box tomorrow (thursday) glad to contribute to the collection!