Wednesday, December 17, 2008

There's a first time for EVERYTHING!

This morning I had to wake Karalyn up so she could have a shower with me.
It had been a few days since her last shower - now notice I say shower - not bath.
Kara doesn't get baths very often.
For a few reasons.

Reason #1 - we are busier! With the boys there was always a bath and then bed - but with Kale getting older and involved in so much there just isn't time for me to give her a bath each night.

Reason #2 - the boys take showers. When it is time to bathe, the boys just jump in the shower. I can't just bathe all my kids together anymore - Kale is getting older (and more private) and I can't just stick Kara in the shower with the boys like I would if they were in the tub.

Reason #3 - while I LOVE my sunken down tub - it is a pain to give baths in. You have to lean over so far - anyway (and yes there are three other tubs in the house but all the bathing equipment is in our bathroom - that way I really only have to keep up with one bathroom - not 4) 

So for those reasons  - Kara usually gets stuck in the shower with either me or Kyle.

But - today I was feeling guilty. A friend had recently posted on her blog her baby in the bathtub just hanging out - and I was feeling bad for Kara. The boys loved their baths and I was feeling a little bad that she didn't get to enjoy them either.

IRONIC that it was today that I was feeling bad for her not being able to take baths. . .

This is what I found when she woke up from her nap today
(If you think the bed was covered - you should have seen her)

Now I could go over every detail of how I had to scrape "you know what" off my daughter and how somehow I managed to get her clothes off without making her eat to much of "you know what" 

But really the best part of this story is this:






She got her bath and loved every minute of it!

11 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

Ew Ew Ew.Do not envy you at all. Please let that never be me. I have scraped so much crap out of outfits, please let it never touch MY pottery barn bumper.

Adorable pictures in the tub though. She is so happy. And she totally has Kale's face.

kelly said...

OH MY!!!!

The Rocks said...

I can honestly say that with two kids, I've yet to have this happen to me. However, with #3 on the way, I could be eating crow this time next year! I love Kara's face while she's in the tub. It would be totally worth the time if I got rewarded with that smile!

Sarah said...

That's just not fun...I was wondering what the previous post was leading up to! Pink and brown is one of my fav color combinations....Ahh! Did it come out? And she loves the bath--wow!

Maureen said...

Poor you, But lucky you, She is a cutie!

Kaylynn said...

Yes - her bed is back to normal. I will once again put a plug in for SPRAY and WASH with RESOLVE power - the one in the green bottle! It works miracles.

Chelsea said...

Oh I'm in such a hurry to have children! (sarcastic tone emphasized)

The Lencioni's said...

Okay, horrible way to wake up. Totally understand on the bath thing, Kevin usually takes showers too. And, she looks so happy in the tub. So cute!!

Kjerstin said...

Her face! She's just so happy! I have to admit, though, I probably would have thrown the bedding away. Once again, I salute you for your awesome-ness in getting the, um, stains out! :)

Natierae said...

Wow...and people wonder why we love being home, whats funner than that?????

sheena said...

oh.....my..........