Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What were you doing 1 year ago today?

We were getting the KEYS to our very first home!

I can't believe it's been a year already.

I remember being so big pregnant.

I remember the headache of coordinating the installation of the carpet so that the painters could finish and moving everything into the garage first because the carpet wasn't in yet and then having to move everything into the house (thank you friends and neighbors).

I remember calling PG&E panicking because I didn't think I had hot water and the nicest PG&E man rushing over (well it took an hour - but come on that is rushing it) to finally tell me that it really does take 5 minutes for hot water to reach my kitchen faucet. But as a bonus he turned the pilot light in our fireplace on for no charge.

I remember before we officially moved in all our friends went out looking at christmas lights and then met back at our (chilly) house for dougnuts and sparkling cider (on the floor) OUR FIRST PARTY at our new house!


I love this DAY!
(and I love that a year went by so fast - we'll have this house paid off in no time if every year goes this fast!!!!!)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You forgot to mention that part about your closet LOL.