Thursday, December 4, 2008

Projects, Projects, Projects. . .

I know with Christmas comes projects and every year I have a list of projects to get done,
but for some reason this year I have overloaded myself with projects.
So today is project day.

Project #1:
It all started with this. . . a magnet from San Francisco
(and you can barely make out the writing that says, Kyle (heart) Kaylynn)

Before Kyle and I wanted to admit we were pretty serious I came out to visit him over Christmas Break (first clue of seriousness - meeting the family at Christmas) and he took me to San Francisco for my very first time.

As a souvenir I bought a magnet.

And the tradition stuck. After we were married everywhere we went we bought a magnet. So after 11 years of marriage our fridge is overflowing with magnets from everywhere from the Oakland Zoo to the Virgin River Hotel in Mesquite Nevada (remember that Kelly and Ryan).

So we decided we needed a new tradition - so we are now getting Christmas tree ornaments from everywhere we visit (a tradition that Kyle's family has).

So here's the project - converting all those magnets into Christmas tree ornaments.


Here's just a sample. . .

Now on to project #2.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great project!! I love that. We too have a fridge full of magnets from our family's adventures. It will be fun to see all the magnets on your tree! Enjoy your memories.

sheena said...

our last two days have been full of projects too!!! my house is in ruin.....oh well, right?

Kjerstin said...

Now you need to tell us about each trip (I don't get out much, I need to experience travel through your adventures!).

:)

Staci said...

I do the magnet thing too!

I was very sad when I realized I neglected to buy a magnet during our trip to the Redwoods just before Thanksgiving. They even had them at the front desk of the hotel, but I never seemed to have my wallet with me. Guess I should have charged it to the room!