Thursday, December 4, 2008

Project #2


Project #2 all started with THIS. . .

A tradition started by my mom when I started kindergarten.
(don't ask me why I treasure this tradition after looking at the pictures)

So I started this tradition when Kale was a baby. . .
and this is what we had so far.

So the day after Thanksgiving I went to get Karalyn a red stocking with white fur on the top.
Not hard to find you might think.
I thought so too.
I didn't have any trouble finding one for Kale
and four years later no problem finding one for Kris.
But after hitting Walmart, Shopko (we were in Idaho) and Target and being denied at each store (now before you all write in and tell me that Walmart has them for $2.00 - please know that I did see those but they are way to flimsy to hang pictures on and last for years, but thanks.)

BUT I FOUND THESE . . .
and had to have them 
(thank you Kyle - I told him since I really didn't know what I wanted for Christmas this year this could count)

And so with a little laminating and MORE glue gunning here is finished project #2!


Now on to project #3
(to clean up the house that was neglected because of projects before Mr. you know who gets home from work)



6 comments:

The Lencioni's said...

Cute, I love those new stockings. And what a great idea.

sheena said...

LOVE those stockings....and LOVE your childhood photos:)

Natierae said...

Super Cute stockings- Absolutely perfect. Where did you find them at? So when is project extravaganza over so we can hang out?

Kjerstin said...

What a great way to see how much they change every year!

Cole said...

I love that you have kept the stocking tradition going. I remember you all had stockings like that growing up. You have been a busy woman with all your projects and 3 small children. I love the "k" stockings.

jodie333 said...

I have done the same thing sense Maycie was a baby! I love the matching stockings!! I love project day! The sudden bursts of Creativity!! LOOKS GREAT!!