Monday, December 22, 2008

What's been keeping us busy?


We finally got these transformed. . .

into these. . . and delivered them to all our neighbors.
We said "GOODBYE" to our old neighbors
the Valentines.
They moved to TEXAS.
They moved in next door to us when we lived on Elm Street.
We both had two boys
and they were always together.

Now normally Capri-suns would be a weird going away present. . .
but there is a story behind them.

So apparently - unknown to me at the time
when Kristopher was little he would just go next door,
knock on the door, invite himself in, and ask for a capri sun.
So this probably doesn't begin to even pay them back for all the capri suns given to my child over the years - but hey it's a start!

Goodbye, VALENTINES  - we will miss you!


We were very entertained at Kris's preschool Christmas program.

This time he asked Santa for
Indiana Jones "whips".
Thanks Santa for telling him "you'd see what you could do!"


The kids and I spent an entire afternoon at Target
each picking out a toy to donate.
(how hard to be able to pick out any toy (under $10)
and know you don't get to take it home and play with it)


We took the toys to the Fire Station.
The firemen were great.
They let us come in and gave us a tour of the fire station.
Gave the boys hats.
And even took our picture in front of the "old" fire truck.



COOKIE BAKING DAY!
One of our most fun traditions.
Each year we get the kids together and make all sorts of yummy treats,
and decorate sugar cookies.



I've never seen  a kid decorate a cookie so fast in his life.
He couldn't wait to eat it!

"Kris I think you have enough sprinkles," said mom.

"No, mom I can still see the frostin!" said Kris. 

Even Kara got in on some decorating magic.

Then it's time for the GIFT EXCHANGE.

Kyla got Kale a NERF FOOTBALL.
What Kyla didn't know is that Kale has been wanting a NERF FOOTBALL since school started.
When he opened that gift. . . he was so excited he leaned over and hugged Kyla.
Without even thinking he hugged a girl.
(this is a recreated hug - but it was so fun to see him so excited)


Between the two of us
there are 6 kids. . .

And here they are!
(I like how Kale and Kyla are on the ends -
 all the other kids are belly laughing at Marissa jumping up and down to get the kids to smile but they are too old and too cool to laugh anymore.)

And here is the sad attempt to get a picture of my children all dressed up.


THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!


5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love Kris's face in the dressed up picture!

Kjerstin said...

So what did you fill the cute cans with for neighbor gifts? We haven't decorated sugar cookies yet and your pictures made me more excited to get going! One more thing to add to my ever growing, last minute grocery list! :) By the way, you are ALWAYS invited to our house, if you're ever in the neighborhood! :) You'd LOVE the drifting, blowing snow that has been falling for the past twenty four hours (yeah, that's why my grocery list is still waiting to be checked off! I don't want to leave the house!).

Have a wonderful Christmas! I'm so glad we've gotten to re-connect. Love those blogs! :)

kelly said...

they look so cute in their black/white and red.

Natierae said...

I saw the formula can idea on Nie and a small part of me wanted a child who still drank formula (I mean, real small!!!), so we could do the same thing. They look great! I love Camrens smile with the Capri Suns, so cute. Kara's dress is beautiful!

jodie333 said...

I Hope that you all had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! The kids sure look cute!!
Love you!